back to Just Be...BACK HOME to JUST BE...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why do we create???

My inspiration board


Sometimes I feel like the world just doesn't need another purse. Which in reality it really doesn't. I don't need another pair of shoes either. So why do I get all excited when I see a beautiful pair of shoes??? I think you must know what I mean. I'll be looking at Anthropologie or at Zappos and come across a beautiful shoe. It just makes me happy. I don't usually buy the shoe, ( usually out of my price limit) but I really enjoy looking at it and thinking what might I wear it with...

As a mom I totally use the expression " WEll kids in Africa are happy just to own ONE pair of shoes" when my kids want more. When my husband was in Africa, he realated how much they didn't have, but how happy they were ( along with many other wonderful strories, including him bathing naked by Victoria Falls, but I degress...) He did say when someone did make a little more money they did buy nicer shoes. Hmmmm interesting, maybe this shoe thing is universal.

As far as my business goes it's all about creating. I love to make things. There is so much fufillment, excitemant, pleasure out of creating something...whether that be babies, a meal, stories, or purses. So when I'm feeling a little guilty about making another purse, this quote is one of my favorites..

The dreamers are the saviors of the world....Composer, sculptor, painter, poet, prophet, sage these are the makers of the afterworld, the architects of heaven. The world is beautiful because they have lived; with out them, laboring humanity would perish.

James Allen ' As A Man Thinketh'


M
y husband says follow Article 13....... ".....If there is anything virtuous, lovely ,praiseworthy or of good report, we seek after these things "

So what are you going to make today????????

8 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

I can't wait to see what you create and what shoes you order. I love your inspiration board. I need one of those too.

Melissa said...

I know that guilt. Have felt it. Liking the quote. Keep making purses. There are new little girls born every day and they all need somewhere to put their chapstick! ;)

I am making some pictures of my journals for my shop...hopefully.

~Moonlight~
Melissa

Jessica said...

I LOVE that quote! I think I am going to steal it for my blog!

Mari said...

"Every human being has the capacity to create - not only the capacity, but the need to create. To create is part of inner growth"
- Michele Cassou

'nuff said! :)

I feel that need and will facilitate the inner growth of my daughter and myself by cutting up lots of fabric scraps for a fabric collage!

zannestar said...

Well said! I too love making things and find myself inspired by the shoes, the painting, the library and more. Sure, people don't need another (insert item here), but people do need inspiration. That's how I see all the unique handmade well designed items, inspiration. Sure I WANT to own 99.9% of it, so I can hold it, wear it, put it in my house, but what I've really come to realize is that I love how "it" inspires me and I want it to keep that inspiration rush going. (This is me the ok-don't-buy-anything rational!).

love the blog btw....rock on!

Song of Style said...

wow, i heart ur inspiration board!!!
ive printed all my pictures for my board but still haven't made one. lol

Tanner Family Blog said...

If I were to make an inspiration board....it would have pictures of YOU all over it!!! You are such an inspiration to me! (And I might put a couple of Asia!!) Anyway - I can't speak for the world, but I can always use another one of your purses!!!

I love your blog!
I love the quote too!

Why aren't we connecting?
Call me!

Julia said...

Great creations! I love your skirts and purses!